Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cars from my travels.

Does everyone take photos of other people's cars or is it just me?

A classic 80s SL parked in Maida Vale in West London, UK. I think these went through a period of unpopularity in the 90s but now these are holding their own and I often see very fashionable types cruising the streets in them.


I love the old Jags and I spied this Series 1 XJ on the same day as the SL above.


What a beast! This is a Bentley Continental parked near Acton in West London and it naturally caught my eye. And the next 20 minutes.


A jaguar series 2 with the obligatory 'pepper-pot' wheels. They must be tough to clean but they look great. This example was parked near Tower Bridge in London.


This is a pair of super cars outside the Dorchester Hotel in London's Mayfair. The one on the left is a Koenigsegg Agera R and the other is a Pagani Zonda. Want to pick up a secondhand one?


Another Series 1 XJ but this one was parked in Fitzrovia in London's West End.



A fantastic Citroen DS parked by the canals in Amsterdam. I have a real soft spot for these. After all, the DS was almost futuristic in a lot of its equipment, leaving the rest of the auto industry lagging behind!


Walking through Bristol in the UK, I saw my first ever Bristol. These cars are very rare and valuable but I need to research them more to be able to comment on them.



On the same road in Bristol I saw this car called a Scimitar. In fact there was two of them. I'd never even heard of the marque.


I used to see this quirky Messerschmidt on the street in Queen's Park in London's North West. I don't know if I'd be game enough to tackle the daily commute in one.

1 comment: