Saturday, November 2, 2013

New Holden WN Caprice

I've said it before and I'll say it again- this is the best Australian-made car available today in terms of looks, tech, price and overall package. I do mourn the loss of the Fairlane/LTD in Australia but ever since Holden's previous WM Statesman/Caprice line-up was launched in the mid-2000s, Holden has made an impressive leap onto the World stage. The WN looks the same basically but has lots of new tech but if you were in the market for a long wheelbase car, this is an impressive package. And guess what? It's a whopping $10,000 cheaper than the previous model. This will be hard for the slightly-trashy looking Chrysler 300 'Mafia Staff Car' to compete. This limousine is badged as a Buick Park Avenue in the US, a Chevrolet Caprice in the Middle East, a Daewoo Veritas in Asia and until last year as a Bitter Vero in Europe. I will live in hope that Ford will one day be in a position to relaunch the Fairlane. I won't hold my breath.

Read the review on the brand new WN Caprice here.



No comments:

Post a Comment